Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Count Your Blessings Day 8

My Job

I am so blessed to have a job I truly love.  I work with amazing people day in and out.  And although sometimes I don't look forward to going to work, (I love my job, but I'm still human) I never dread having to work another day at Opeco.  The days I don't want to work are always me just being selfish as in, I'm tired, I wish I was still sleeping, I wish I didn't have to get out in this weather, etc.  I am blessed with two great bosses as well!!  This job has moved me to Louisiana, then Texas and now back home to Oklahoma.  I am grateful that Opeco allowed me to have the experience of being a Cajun then, a Texan for a little bit.** 

**SIDENOTE: Although, I wouldn't suggest being a Texan to absolutely ANYONE.  Can we say OVERRATED!  Wouldn't move back there unless it was for work.  PERIOD.  But that's another soap box for another day. :)

When I was young my dad gave me great advice when choosing a career.  First, he said make sure you choose a job that you are able to make all of the important events you want to go to.  For example, kids basketball games, plays, etc.  And second, and most important, never do something you don't love doing.  When you love what you are doing, it is never hard work.  There may be times I get stressed and frustrated with things, but at the end of the day, I love what I do. 

I never planned on working in the oil and gas business, but I can't imagine doing anything else!



No comments:

Post a Comment