When we started dating in 2008 one of the first things I remember Mitch saying is how much he wanted a dog, and to be specific, a bulldog. Mitch had grown up with bulldogs and claimed them as the best dogs in the world. On December 3rd, 2008, Mitch bought Max. He had been working out in west Texas for the week and drove from Canadian, Texas to Sallisaw, Oklahoma to pick up our new pet. Max was a complete surprise when he arrived, but has became a part of our family now.
Before I met Mitch, I would not have classified myself as a dog person. I couldn't stand to be around people when they had dogs. They seriously ALL drove me nuts! Now I like dogs much more and am definitely more tolerant of them. I still don't like the little, yappy ones though. They should all be extinct. :) I am much more suited for lazy dogs! They fit our lifestyle a lot better!
Max and I have gotten really close over the last 2 years and now Mitch wants another one so he can have his "own," dog. Max started coming to work with me when we moved to Shreveport and when we moved to Perryton he continued sleeping all day under my desk at the office. Now that Mitch and I are living in different places, Max stays with me. He is my passenger on just about every trip and does great at keeping me company. I know there are days when he drives me crazy, but at the end of the day, he is like a child to me and I wouldn't trade him for the world!
This is Max the day we brought him home!
He can fall asleep in just about any position
Lounging around with Dad on a lazy Sunday
When I'm cooking he stands right under my feet
Under my desk in Shreveport
When Max isn't feeling good, he acts just like a kid and wants to be held
Our happy family









No comments:
Post a Comment