Thursday, November 24, 2011

Count Your Blessings Day 24

Family

I don't know where I would be without my family!  They have been with me through thick and thin.  Today we had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house and there were 45 people there!  It seems like a ton of people, but actually we had plenty of people missing.  Thursday morning, Lauren and I were up early and went over to help Mom and Aunt Rosemary with the cooking.  I was so proud of us.  Although it will never be Granny's dressing, I would say we made it about 99.99% as good.  I hope it is a Thanksgiving tradition that we can always do together. 

One of my favorite memories as a child is the holidays and getting together with family.  Now that I am married, I am very blessed to have another side of family to share the holidays with.  I hope that we can keep the tradition going for years to come of trying to get as many people as possible together for the holidays.  I know it will be hard, but it is like anything, you have to make a committment to keep it going.



The best Mom and Dad in the whole wide world!



The majority of the McIntosh cousins at Lauren's wedding



Lauren, Ben and Me in Taos New Year's Eve 2010

“The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.” -Erma Bombeck

 

No comments:

Post a Comment