Sunday, November 20, 2011

Count Your Blessings Day 20

Close Family Friends

This evening we had dinner over at Mark and Gwyn's house and some of Dowd's lifelong family friends joined us.  I had never met any of them before, but it reminded me how lucky we are to be blessed with close family friends. 

I was the first child born into my parent's group of friends.  So I was always the favorite!  They tell a story that the night I was born they had more friends there than family.  I am so blessed to have my "aunts and uncles," that care about me so much!

Since I became a Day I also gained other "family," that came along with Mitch.  The Jordan's and the Bartholomew's have been lifelong friends with the Day's since Mitch can remember.  They were all in the same Sunday school class and had kids growing up together.  And we have kept the tradition of lifelong friends going now being great friends with Jonathan and Lauren Jordan and Grant and Sommer (Bartholomew) Skinner.  Both families were in Napa for our wedding, Jonathan actually served as the Deputy Marriage Commissioner and Grant, Lauren and Sommer were all in our Bridal party.  These are two couples Mitch and I couldn't live without!


Us and the Jordan's in Taos 2010



In College Station for the OU/A&M game 2010



I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for
that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy.  Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.   
                                                           - Charles R. Swindoll
 





No comments:

Post a Comment