Monday, November 21, 2011

Count Your Blessings Day 21

Camp Cavett
This weekend we went to the Annual Cavett Kid's Got Talent event in Oklahoma City.  Cavett Kid's is an organization that was created to give kids who are battling life-threatening and chronic illnesses a place to enjoy life while also learning how to cope with their diseases and developing the character needed for facing the challenges life had presented them. 

Although Cavett Kid's has multiple camps they put on throughout the year, the one that has most impacted my life is Camp Cavett.  Mitch went to Camp Cavett for the first time in 2008.  He couldn't stop talking about all the wonderful kids and people he met that year.  He talked about it all year and made me promise I would go with him the next year.  In 2009 Mitch went again, but I had prior plans I couldn't get out of and was unable to attend.  I finally got to go to Camp Cavett for the first time in 2010.  From the moment I arrived I knew it was going to be a great weekend.  All the kids were all smiles and ready to have their favorite week of the year.  I could go on and on about how much I learned from these kids.  They are all truly remarkable individuals.  Mitch and I have made a promise to make it a yearly event we always take time out of our schedules to attend.



The biggest inflatable water slide in the world!!



Jonathan, Josh and Mitch at Camp Cavett 2010



One of my most favorite pictures ever!  Mitch and Miss Haley



At the dance the last night of camp



One of the coolest campers ever, Dana with Jonathan and Mitch


I went to Camp Cavett hoping I would impact a child's life that week.  I never could have imagined the strong imapct and change it made in my life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment