Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well, I am finally back in Perryton with my husband.  Although I loved being in OKC with so many people I miss dearly, it is nice to be home with Mitch.  After a fabulous weekend in Oklahoma City and Norman we are back home together.

Friday afternoon Mitch got in town.  Since we hadn't seen each other in about a week we decided to have a date night out.  We went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Moore.  Now, I know you are thinking, really, you haven't seen each other in a week and you choose to go eat wings?  But honestly when we were dating going to Buffalo Wild Wings and playing trivia was one of our favorite things to do.  It's the small things, right?  Well, after dinner we headed back to Mitch's parents and crashed for the night.  Mitch had an early golf tournament and we both wanted to get some sleep for the big Gamday! 

Saturday morning, Mitch was up and had left the house by 7 AM.  That boy and his obsession with golf.  It drives me bananas at times!  I laid in bed for a while and waited on ESPN's Gameday to start.  I love watching it every Saturday morning in the fall!  It is like a tradition!  Once Mitch was home we went over to our good friend's, The Skinner's, house and had lunch.  They were nice enough to invite us over for a birthday celebration.  After lunch and hanging out, we headed to Norman!  We spent all afternoon jumping place to place around Campus Corner in Norman.  I love getting to see old friends that I haven't seen in a while and you can always count on running into people in Norman back for game days.  As much as I love watching the football game, my actual favorite part is the pre-game ritual.  Between the band and the intro video, I always get chills and get so excited.  This year's intro video may have been the best one yet!!!!!!!  There's Only ONE Oklahoma!  My stomach started hurting so we left at halftime and headed home.  We couldn't resist stopping by NY Pizza though on our way to the car.  If you have never tried this place, you are truly missing out!  Mitch had a fantasy football draft on Sunday afternoon so that night we decided we would wake up early Sunday morning and head home for the remainder of the weekend.

Sunday, we got up early and headed on our way back to Texas.  Once we were home, we made up a menu for the week. Then, I was off to the store while Mitch played fantasy football with his friends.  I got home and made a few appetizers then enjoyed the afternoon and evening just being lazy!

Monday, I am pretty sure we had the PERFECT Labor Day.  We slept in really late, woke up and made breakfast together then took a nap.  Then, as if the day couldn't get any better, we went to the golf course to spend some time outside in the beautiful weather.  After a few holes we went back to the house and in honor of our cooler weather, we had SOUP NIGHT!!  I couldn't have asked for a better weekend with the man I love the most!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment