First, let me start off by saying, I am NOT pregnant and we are not currently trying to get pregnant. :) Whewww, just wanted to put that out there!
When we finished college friends of mine starting getting engaged and I remember so many people saying, "Oh, you are starting the marriage phase. It is a cycle you go through. Right now everyone you know will start getting married then, as soon as pretty much everyone is married, the baby phase will start." At the time, it was one of those deals where I thought, babies? Really, that is WAY far away. We are way to young for people to start having babies! So, all of the weekends for about 2 years in the spring, summer and fall were filled with wedding activities for friends. And I am not saying this in a hateful or rude way because between all of the showers, parties and weddings, we have a ton of great memories made with friends. And now, just as the weddings have started to die down, the baby showers have started! Life really is just a bunch of phases in your 20's, it's crazy!
In the last year, Mitch and I have became the proud "Aunt and Uncle," of several different babies. In our close circle of friends we now have 3 baby additions and 1 on the way! And I swear everytime I get on Facebook these days I find out a new person it pregnant, it is crazy! But I am so happy for each of our friends who have decided to extend their families. And it is so awesome to see friends of ours becoming parents. I never knew you could gain respect for people just watching how much they love their children.
I have learned in life that everything good happens when it is meant to. And right now isn't such a great time for Mitch and I to be adding to the family, but all these adorable kids sure do make it hard to resist wanting one of our own! Patience is a virtue!


No comments:
Post a Comment