Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We Have Visitors!

Mitch and I have lived in our new small town, Perryton, Texas, for 5 1/2 months.  Since we have lived here we have been here a total of maybe a handful of times.  Crazy right???  How can you live in a place and only be there 5 times in a span of half of a year?  First, when we moved here all of our wedding festivities were about to start.  So, we spent basically every weekend in March through April at a bridal shower, couple's shower, bachelor or bachelorette party.  Then, May came and we had Mother's Day and the following weekend we left for Napa for the wedding.  We came home from the honeymoon and went right into June activities which inlcuding wedding showers for my sister, Father's day, a bachelor party in Vegas and baby showers for my best friend.  Here's come July!!!  July was filled with a wedding for good friends of ours, bachelorette party for the sister in Austin, the arrival of our best friends's first child, Mitch's birthday that we celebrated working at a golf tournament, my sister's wedding, a family trip with the Day's to Taos and a weekend of birthday parties in OKC.  Whewwww, deep breath!  We may be two of the busiest people I know! 

{SIDENOTE} At some point I will make one LONG blog and detail everything that happened starting in May until this blog was started.  I really just want to be able to look back from when we were married on.  That first year is one of the most important ones!

A few months ago my mom had asked when she was going to get a chance to come to Perryton and check out our new house.  I laughed and said, well, I think we are free sometime in August!  Little did I know that August would actually be the earliest time we were going to be in Perryton with zero plans.  And lately, I have been a little homesick.  Living in a place where you basically have zero friends, other than the people you work with and customers that come in to the shop, can really wear on a person.  After chit chatting with my mom we decided we both may have a free weekend coming up in August. 

Well, this past weekend we were blessed with a visit from my parents and sister and brother-in-law.  I will say that we gave them the fair warning, there is not much, if anything, to do in Perryton.  They arrived on Friday night a little after 7pm.  We spent Friday night making dinner, having a few drinks and just enjoying each other's company.  Saturday morning we all slept in, besides Mitch, who had a golf tournament he was in the first half of the day.  Saturday was much like Friday night with more hanging out and cooking.  I took my mom to one of the gift shops we have here and showed her around town.  Saturday night we had such an amazing dinner.  Mitch and I pride ourselves on serving the best dinner in Perryton.  Yes, seriously, that is no joke.  We had steaks, Crash Hot Potatoes,  roasted asparagus and Grilled Corn with Chipotle Lime Butter.  I think we all gained about 5 lbs. with that meal!!  Sunday, we all woke up and started making a huge breakfast.  After breakfast, they packed and loaded up the car to head home.  I, for once, got to be the one not spending their afternoon in a car driving home.  So, me and the pup spent a good portion of the afternoon on the couch relaxing and being lazy.  It was a perfect ending to the weekend!

We may not have had a fancy weekend with a ton of things going on, but I had such a great time!  Sometimes all you need is a good, relaxing weekend with people you care more than anything about.  I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family who cares so much about me. 

Until next time,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment