Thursday, August 25, 2011

Girl's Weekend!

This past weekend I flew to Dallas to surprise one of my best friends.  A few weeks ago, another friend, Callie, and I were talking and the idea came up about flying to Dallas and surprising one of our friends.  We threw the idea out to a few of our other girlfriends and they wanted to be in on the surprise as well. 

Now, let me start off by saying, these are 5 of my best friends in the world.  We all met in college through our sorority, Chi Omega!  We were all pledge sisters together at the University of Oklahoma.  Once we graduated college, everyone went their seperate ways.  4 out of the 5 of us had to fly in for the special surprise.  The funny part is that we all had to fly from seperate locations. 

First, we checked with the necessary parties to make sure it was an available weekend and luckily no one had plans for the weekend of August 20th!  PERFECT!!!  So we went to booking our flights and planning accordingly.  I didn't think the weekend was ever going to get here.  I had a countdown and I am pretty sure I messaged or called someone just about every single day from when we booked the flights until we all landed in Dallas.  And I was so worried I would be the one to ruin the surprise.  I have a desk job as well as Peel, the friend we were surprising, and so there are many days where we chit chat throughout the day at various times through G-chat.  Luckily, I kept the secret safe and she was completely surprised!!! 

Here's a little recap of the weekend.  Friday, we all flew in and planned on meeting at Blue Fish in Greenville.  If you have never been there, I highly recommend it.  They have GREAT sushi!  Once we all got to the restaurant we ordered a few drinks and waited on the lady of the hour.  She finally arrived and walked around the corner to see all of us sitting together at a table.  Que waterworks!  It was a great surprise and we had a great time catching up at dinner.  After dinner, we decided instead of going out to the bars that we would just head home and drink some wine and hang out.  Saturday, we all got up and tried to plan our day.  We are all pretty decisive people usually, but this particular day, we couldn't make a decision to save our lives!!!!!!!!!  Finally, we planned out the day, go to the mall, get mani/pedi's, come home and relax a bit, head over to one of the girl's husband's birthday party and go out to dinner at this great hole in the wall Italian restaurant.  Sunday morning we all got up and around and headed off to the airport to go home.  Sunday afternoon I am pretty sure I was the laziest person in the world.  I was still tired from the weekend on Wednesday!!!

All in all it was a great weekend!  I am blessed to have such great friends.  Although we don't live close to each other and only see each other every now and then, when we get together, I can count on having a great time! 







No comments:

Post a Comment