Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back in OKC!

I have been MIA the last two weeks it seems. I was called to duty to work in our Oklahoma City office for two weeks. Last week I was busy, busy! Our Oklahoma City store is much busier than our other locations to put it mildly. Being back in OKC, I have come to realize a few things.

First, I really miss all the people I work with in the OKC store. I worked here with pretty much everyone that is here now for 3-1/2 years. I work from 7am-5pm and when you work with people that much they basically become your family. I am lucky that I have co-workers who make it fun coming to work. It's crazy for me to think about that I actually spend more time with co-workers than I do my own husband! Luckily, I get to work with him so I get to see him a few extra hours some days.

Second, my in-laws are great! They have been kind enough to let me, and the pup, stay with them the past two weeks. They are always so generous and hospitable. I am so lucky that I have in-laws that I truly enjoy being around day in and out.

Finally, although I am technically "home," home isn't home without Mitch being here. I really miss coming home from work, having dinner and just sitting around enjoying my evening with my husband. In the last 2 weeks, we have been together, 4 days. I'm not a fan of it AT ALL. I think the song, Home by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros says it best, "Home is wherever I'm with you."  I have considered "home," to be OKC for about 10 years now and I know I will consider it home for the rest of my life, but I have come to realize being away from him so much lately that my home is wherever I am with Mitch. I have lived with him in Shreveport and now in Perryton and although it isn't close to family or friends, my home is wherever I am with my husband, and Max of course! You can't forget him!


No comments:

Post a Comment