Thursday, December 8, 2011

Facetime

As most of the millions of readers of this blog know, I am currently dealing with a long distance marriage.  It's awesome!  (Chiller font/sarcasm intended)  Luckily it is only for the short term, but for the time being Mitch and I are living in  different states. 

I see him every weekend and usually it is a four day weekend, but by the time that 3rd or 4th night away rolls around I am really missing him.  Last night was Mitch's 3rd night away.  We are like most couples, we talk throughout the day, text messages here and there and always have a longer chat before we go to sleep, but talking on the phone isn't the same as getting to hang out.  Since we have been apart, I have really missed our nights together.  Whether it is going out to dinner and a movie or as simple as making sandwiches and watching the DVR, I really just enjoy spending time with Mitch. 

Last night during our "I'm about to go to sleep," chat, I decided I wanted to see his handsome face so, I Facetimed him!  BEST. IDEA. EVER.  Our days of staying up all night on the phone are behind us.  Anymore being on the phone for hours just seems awful!  So, most of our conversations are maybe 5 minutes at the very max.  Well, I forgot how much Facetime can change a conversation.  Once we Facetimed, I think we ended up being on the phone talking and carrying on for about an hour.  It was so nice to feel like I was hanging out with him and not just calling to say goodnight.  And I spent the majority of that time cracking up at him making funny faces at me, etc. 

So, long story short, 1) I hope you never find yourself in the predicament of a long distance marriage. But if you do.... 2) I would strongly suggest using Facetime as opposed to just talking.  I haven't smiled that much while talking on the phone in a really long time.  We laughed so much!  Then, I went to bed a little teary eyed because I realized just how much I miss him.  Had to add the sap in there!!  Haha!!  He would kill me, but I decided to share some of our funny pics from our Facetime chats.  These are the faces he makes at me to make me laugh.  And we play this silly game where every time you know you are about to connect to each other, you make a silly face for it to be the first imagine they see.   



Please don't mind the huge pic of me being weird!  Glad he thinks I'm cute!



I love this face!


And I wanted to give a shout out to Steve Jobs and tell him thanks for all he did for my generation and generations for years to come.  May you rest in peace!  You were truly one of the most intelligent and imaginative people that this world had this privilege to have.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment