This year, since Mitch was going to be out of town on Valentine's Day, we decided to have a pre-party. I made him dinner on Sunday night and he made dinner for me on Monday night. What a great Valentine's Day it was! Hands down, the best one we have shared yet! Instead of all the money we would spend going out to dinner, we saved and actually made dinner at home and just enjoyed each others company. Sunday, since it was cold and dreary, we just hung out at the house all day and watched golf! Sounds like a typical Sunday at our house. I finally started making dinner late in the afternoon. I thought it would only take a little while, but it ended up taking forever, to say the least! Whoops! Here was the menu for our Sunday night dinner: Chile Lime Crab cakes, Crab and Corn Chowder, Filet Mignon with Worcestershire Butter, Scalloped Potatoes and Fancy Bread Twists. Lets just say that this night didn't go as planned in the kitchen so not everything turned out great! And I learned a few important lessons. The first lesson is that crab cakes should be a restaurant only meal. I can not stand the smell of crab! EWWW! Although the crab cakes were awesome!! And the corn chowder was out of this world. Another thing I learned was that filets are the exact size of steak we should eat. Don't get me wrong, we love ribeyes, but the filets were just the right size! The bread didn't rise, so those were nixed from the meal. All in all, we had a great time and more importantly, I got to hang out with my best friend, love of my life and forever valentine so I don't have any complaints!
Monday night we had round 2 of Valentine's dinner. Mitch out did himself! He made a Chicken, Tomato and Spinach pasta dish with a Caprese salad as an appetizer. It was a great meal! Afterwards, we headed to the couch and enjoyed some Bachelor before heading to bed. All in all it was a great weekend!
What a great close to my Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment