Thursday, July 19, 2012

Quick Catch Up

I am the worst blogger in the history of time!  Since I have not posted in forever, here's a quick catch up of what is going on in our world!  We have spent the majority of the summer preparing for the baby! 

In May, we found out we are expecting a baby girl and we couldn't be more excited.  I am already positive she is going to have a shoe problem!  I think I have now bought her at least 5 pairs of shoes!  WHOOPS!  We have decided to name her Emma Elizabeth.  I just can't wait to see what she will look like.  We also celebrated our 1 year anniversary!  To say it has been an amazing year is an understatement. 

In June, we took our last big vacation before Emma will be here.  We went to Vegas to celebrate my cousin Paul's wedding.  We had such a great time!  Also, we welcomed our newest member of the Day family, Eli.  Eli decided he would join us a few weeks ahead of schedule, but we are so blessed to add another member. 

July is now almost halfway finished and it has been a great month.  We have celebrated Mitch's 29th birthday and are just a few short weeks away from mine.  We had a great 4th of July.  I LOVE fireworks and I think Emma does as well.  She was kicking and punching all during them! 

And a little pregnancy update....  I am currently 27 weeks along.  We are almost to the third trimester.  To be honest, it has gone by pretty quickly.  Well, since the first trimester at least.  That first one was filled with morning sickness and that was not fun at all.  But everything is now going very smoothly.  The second trimester has been great.  In the last few weeks I have started to get a little more uncomfortable at night, but I blame that on our couch not being the most comfortable for a pregnant woman.  I have been sleeping well though and have learned to drink the majority of my liquids during the day so I don't wake up all hours of the night to go to the restroom.  I love getting to feel Emma kick and so does Mitch.  One of my favorite things is some nights when we are laying in bed, Mitch will lay there and talk to Emma.  It's adorable and I can't wait to watch what a wonderful Daddy he is going to be to our baby girl!

Here's me at 27 weeks!  She is starting to get out there!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your baby girl! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see pics of her.

    ReplyDelete