After the Teeples arrived on Thursday night, we had the gang complete. Friday was declared as Spa Day! Well, at least for some of us! A few of the people still went skiing. Since I am not a skier, I was happy I had friends for the whole time. We had the best time at the spa! That night we came home and had pizza and watched some football. The Sooners won so, it was a fun night for our house!
Saturday, New Year's Eve 2011, was one of the more fun days I have had in a long time. Everyone, minus Charlie and myself, woke up early to hit the slopes. We stayed in a took our time getting ready, but had plans to meet up with everyone else on the mountain. We got there in the afternoon and headed up the mountain back roads, in our 4-wheel drive truck. And let me just say, it is a good thing we had it! We were running a little behind so as soon as we were getting there everyone else was leaving to go skiing again. But we didn't let that rain on our parade. We then decided to sit at the bar and celebrate!
Here's to 2012!
After an hour or so, we had friends come and join us!
This is definitely one of my favorite pictures from the trip!
Once everyone was finished skiing and drinking on Taos Mountain we headed back to the cabin! We spent all night playing games and hanging out. I think we played Catch Phrase for at least 2 hours! It was such a great time! Here's the night in pictures! I will start off with the cast of characters for the trip first since they are some of my favorites!
And here's how the night went.............
The Catch Phrase begins!
The Skinners!
Pistols Firing??
Charlie's first dance party of the night!
Best buds!
Max partied the night away!
Grant decided we would have our own ball drop at midnight!
The Girls
One of the funnier pictures ever taken!
Charlie teaching the guys the dance to "Waterfalls," by TLC
T-Boz, Left Eye, Chilli and that other guy...
The Bolens getting their groove on!
And the dance party begins!
Charlie's rendition of "Man in the Mirror"
Rhett serenading Elizabeth
Mitch was getting down to some Hush Hush Commotion
To the Bolens, Carrolls, Skinners and Teeples,
You guys made this the best trip to the mountains ever. Mitch and I are truly blessed to be able to call you dear friends of ours. We truly cherish your friendships! I look forward to many more trips to the mountains and hope that you will always join us!
I found a few friend quotes and I think they sum this group up pretty great!
"True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice."
- Samuel Johnston
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Woodrow Wilson


No comments:
Post a Comment