Thursday, October 6, 2011

Red River Shootout

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this weekend!  The Red River Shootout, aka OU/Texas Weekend, is here.  Well, almost at least!  This is one of my favorite weekends in the fall.  Mitch and I have gone to Dallas for the game every year since we started dating.  And this time around we are actually going to the game.  I can't wait!! 

I have such great memories from college of going down to Dallas for the big game.  I can remember showing up to On the Border downtown at 7am and standing in line for hours until they opened just so we get a seat in front of the TV.  I remember scrambling for a place to sleep at night.  Those were back in the day when you were young enough and had plenty of friends to just stay on the floor.  I can remember one OU/Texas we tried to fit around 12 people in a room.  There are so many fun memories surrounding this weekend for me. 

Now things are a little different.  We don't try and pack everyone we know into a hotel room, but the weekend is something I look forward to no matter what!  This time around Mitch and I are staying in a hotel, ALONE.  I am not sure what I think about being in a hotel room at OU/Texas without 10 of my closest friends around me!  Haha!!  We have big plans for the weekend.  Friday night we are having a mini date night.  Since we have lived in Perryton, our sushi dates are no longer possible.  So, we are taking advantage of being in Dallas and going to go for sushi on Friday night at Blue Fish on Greenville.  We are both pumped!!  After dinner we are going out to meet our friends for crazy times I am sure.  Hopefully we get in at a decent hour because the Hubster has told me to be ready to leave Saturday morning bright and early, 7:30am, to head to Fair Park.  YES, you read that right.  Two fairs in one year!!  Lucky girl I am!  And to top it off, we are going to the game.  I can't wait!! I hope we beat the snot out of Texas!! 

I know we will get older and have more priorities in our life, but I really hope we try to go to OU/Texas as many times as possible in the coming years.  It is one weekend that never seems to disappoint!  And I know this one will not be any different!


BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment